Update of the
ACI Policies for the Board of Administrators
Policies in general are statements intended to give direction to board decision making and be a standard of operation of the association. At board meetings, each member’s opinion is sought on each agenda item. Discussion seeks to explore how all opinions relate in constructing a decision that contributes to fulfilling the mission of the ACI. All policies may be changed by board vote.
1. When a service position need is identified, a request for volunteers is publicized to the membership. Lack of any qualified applicant must be established before payment is considered.
(OK –PV 5/31/09)
2. When a position becomes paid, it needs to be announced to the membership. The production committee for that activity chooses from the applicants.
(PV June 2008)
3. Information submitted to board confidentially is privileged and must not be discussed or used outside the board (for example, grant/loan applications or activity proposals).
4. In all ACI budgets, volunteer time and other donations are not labeled with a dollar value.
5. Board decisions are carried by majority vote if consensus can not be reached.
Board meetings follow Roberts’ rules of Parliamentary procedure if any member requests it.
6. A $3,000 reserve in the treasury shall be maintained when budgeting expenses.
7. ACI membership is free.
8. Board members are admitted free to the annual jam after one year of service.
9. Each board member is reimbursed up to $9 per meeting for expenses.
10. Logo use
10.1 – The ACI logo is used on flyers from projects or activities financially supported by the ACI (loan or grant). Also by commitees after approval from CA.
10.2 - The web site appear on flyers of members who offer activities of CI, if they want to. No need of appoval.
(OK- PV 10/19/08)
11. Non-standard contracts that need to be approved by the CA must be submitted one month in advance, after which the CA has 2 weeks to respond.
12. When using a standard teaching contract or for payment under an ACI grant, reimbursement will be:
1 prof = 40$/hr.
2 prof (facilitator/animator = 50 $/hr., divided as they choose
3 prof (facilitator/animator) ou plus = 60$/hr., divided as they choose
13. ACI policies should be public on the ACI web-site.
14. Individuals must not make public communication as representing the CA before communication with and approval by the CA.
15. No one can write an ACI funds check to themselves.
16. Increases of $100 to existing expense categories, or new expenses greater than $100 must be voted on by the CA.
17.No one may give themselves work paid by the ACI. It must be approved by a committee.